5-reel 15-line slots
The objective of Ice Hockey is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- Line bets are chosen by clicking Bet per Line. Each click increases the line bet by a certain amount. When the maximum amount is reached, clicking the button again resets the line bet to its initial value.
- Paylines are chosen by clicking Lines. Each click activates a payline. When all paylines are activated, clicking the button again resets it to one active payline. Paylines can also be activated by using the numbered buttons on either side of the reels. Selecting a high payline includes all the lower ones too. For example, selecting payline 6 also activates paylines 1 through 5. Clicking Bet Max activates all paylines with the maximum bet per line and spins the reels.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current selection of lines and line bets. During the reel spins the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Play function. Note that you must first set the Autoplay limitations. Click here for more information.
Clicking + or – above Auto Play selects the successive number of spins to be enabled. Clicking Auto Play spins the reels. The Auto Play button changes into Stop during the Auto Play mode of reelspin. The Auto Play mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when the player clicks Stop.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. Scatter win = total bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are accumulated.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Payline wins and the total win are also displayed on the strip located at the bottom of the reels or the game window.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Choose Your Teams! screen describes how to choose two teams and how symbols are paid.
- The Mixed Pay screen explains what a mixed combination is and how it pays.
- The Free Games screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to trigger the Free Games feature and describes the Free Games feature rules.
- The Pass the Puck Bonus! screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to trigger the Bonus feature on the reels and describes its rules.
- Clicking Show Paylines on the Paytable page, opens a screen that illustrates all possible payline combinations. Clicking Hide Paylines closes this screen and returns to the Paytable page.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
- Active paylines are represented by lines that appear over the reels. Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking Lines.
- Only active paylines can register wins.
- There is a difference between the line bet and the total bet. The line bet shows how much is being bet on a single payline. The total bet shows how much is being bet in total on the game round. Payouts shown in the paytable are multiplied by the line bet.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
- Payouts are listed on the Paytable screen. To find the possible win amount, the line bet must be multiplied by the payout.
- In the main game, the First team symbols pay left to right only, while the Second team symbols pay right to left only. The Wild and Royal symbols (A, K, Q, J, 10, 9) pay in both directions. If there are multiple simultaneous wins on the same payline in either direction, the best winning combination in each direction is paid. Five of a kind wins are paid only once.
- In Free Games, the Team, Wild and Royal symbols (A, K, Q, J, 10, 9) pay in both directions. If there are multiple simultaneous wins in either direction, the best winning combination in each direction is paid. Five of a kind wins are paid only once.
- If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up.
- Left to right winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel and the symbols have to be consecutive. Right to left winning combinations must start from the rightmost reel and the symbols have to be consecutive.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
Choose Your Teams! Feature
Ice Hockey has a special feature, which allows you to choose and change the teams and Free Game’s Flag images that appear on the reels.
The player must choose a team and then the members of the selected team are used in the game. The teams can be chosen when entering the game or can be changed at any time during the main game, when the reels are not spinning and when not in Auto Play mode.
The team’s images and the Free Games Flag symbols on the screen are automatically updated.
In addition, the Paytable, Choose Your Teams!, Mixed Pay and Free Games info pages are also updated according to your choice.
These choices do not influence the paytable values and the sum of a winning combination, but only the images that appear on the screen.
When entering the game for the first time, you must choose 2 teams (one from the left and one from the right column) before being able to see the reels. When re-entering the game, you may choose 2 new teams or simply continue to the reels with the previously selected teams.
You have to choose two teams to play with, out of the following countries: Finland, Sweden, Canada, USA, Russia, Germany or the Czech Republic. Three members from each selected team will appear on the reels.
When any of the seven teams on the left are selected, that team becomes inactive and unavailable to select on the right.
Select two teams (one from each column) by clicking on them and then click Continue to see the reels. You can change both teams at any time during the main game, using the Change Team buttons located on both sides above the reels.
Lines Pay Both Ways
The member symbols from the first team (represented on the left, when making a choice of teams) pay left to right, when appearing on an active payline and on adjacent reels, starting with the leftmost reel.
The member symbols from the second team (represented on the right, when making a choice of teams) pay right to left, when appearing on an active payline and adjacent reels, starting with the rightmost reel.
The Wild and Royal symbols (A, K, Q, J, 10, 9) pay in both directions in the main game and during the Free Games feature. Payline wins in both directions are paid simultaneously on the selected lines. The player will get the highest payline win in each direction. However, 5 of a kind will be paid only once. During the Free Games feature, all symbols pay left to right and right to left except Scatter, which pays any. Payline wins in both directions are paid simultaneously on the selected lines. The player will get the highest payline win in each direction. However, 5 of a kind will be paid only once.
The Wild symbol in the game is the symbol. It can stand for any other symbol, except Scatter, either of the Flag symbols, or the Puck symbol, to make the best possible winning combination. There is also a separate payout for two or more Wild symbols on an active payline, as seen in the Paytable. This is paid out instead of the regular symbol win if the win amount from Wilds is larger than the win from the regular symbols (by Wild standing in). The Wild symbols do not substitute in Mixed Pay combinations. They pay in both directions – left to right and right to left.
The Scatter symbols do not have to occur on any particular payline. If there are two or more Scatters in the spin results, the payout earned is multiplied by the total bet and added to payline winnings.
Pass the Puck Bonus!
The Hockey Puck symbol appears only on reels #2 and #4 during the main game.
If after a spin the Hockey Puck symbol appears anywhere on reel #2 with a left-side team member (represented on the left, when making a choice of teams) on its immediate left on reel #1 (see the screenshot below), the puck will be passed among all of his team members appearing on the reels.
For every member that touches the puck, 3 times the total bet of the triggering spin is won.
If after a spin the Hockey Puck symbol appears anywhere on reel #4 with a right-side team member (represented on the right, when making a choice of teams) on its immediate right on reel #5 (see the screenshot below), the puck will be passed among all of his team members appearing on the reels. For every member that touches the puck, 3 times the total bet of the spin that triggered the bonus is paid.
The Pass the Puck Bonus! can be triggered only during main game. It can be triggered simultaneously for both teams and will be played and paid for both.
The Pass the Puck Bonus! wins are added to the payline and Scatter wins.
Mixed Pay feature
A mixed combination is any combination of members from the same team that are not all the same symbol. These members must appear on an active payline and on adjacent reels, beginning with either the leftmost or rightmost reel, as explained below.
During main game, mixed combinations of the first team pay left to right and must begin on the leftmost reel, while mixed combinations from the second team pay right to left and must begin on the rightmost reel.
During Free Games, mixed combinations pay both left to right and right to left.
For both teams, only mixed combinations of at least 3 symbols can win. The Wild symbol does not participate in mixed pay combinations.
All Free Games Flag symbols appear only on reels #1 and #5 during main game.
Free Games Flag symbols of the same team anywhere on both reels #1 and #5 simultaneously during main game, win 12 Free Games.
Only members from the team, whose flag has triggered the Free Games, will appear on the reels. More member icons of the triggering team will be added to the reels.
Paylines pay in both directions for all symbols, including mixed pay combinations.
To start the Free Games, click on Click to Start. Next, a message is displayed, explaining that 12 Free Games have been won. Click Continue and the Free Games begin automatically.
During the Free Games, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the Free Games. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games Win field shows the accumulated winnings from the current Free Games.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board summarizes the winnings. Game win shows the winnings that were received from the spin that triggered the Free Games. Feature win shows the winnings that were received during the Free Games. Total win shows the aggregate winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up).
Clicking Continue will return you to the main game. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
Free Game wins are added to the payline and Scatter wins.
The Hockey Puck and Free Games Flag symbols do not appear during Free Games. More Free Games cannot be retriggered.
If the Free Games are triggered during the Auto Play mode, the feature begins after the player clicks on Click to Start. When all Free Games have been played and the player clicks Continue on the screen summarizing the Free Games win, the Auto Play mode resumes.
Return to Player
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) is 95.26%.